A Geographic Information System (GIS) can be used effectively in the banking and financial sector to make banks and financial institutions more successful. It helps in sales and marketing, regulatory compliances, business continuity planning, and service location and site evaluation.
Geospatial visualization allows banks to gather information and make connections that might be missed by using traditional tables and charts. With the banking industry, spatial analysis of customers and customer-centric data is of huge value.
- Sales and Marketing
- Expansion of Customer base and managing its database
- Improving Quality of the Services using GIS
- Increasing Consumer Satisfaction
- Regulatory Compliance
- Business Continuity Planning
- Suitability assessment studies
- Service Location and Site Evaluation
- Financial GIS, Banking GIS, & Retail Banking Research
- Consistent Business/ financial Growth and expansion
- Increase in Profitability